Thursday, May 3, 2012

"Black Violence": 2pac's Violent Track(s)


In Track six, Violent 2pac tells a story about how he was innocently driving, get's pulled over, and ends up being harassed and abused by the police (after not having his I.D.) until the point of retaliation, which eventually leads to a gun fight. 

They claim that I'm violent, just cause I refuse to be silent...
Don't look confused, the truth is so plain to see
Cause I'm the nigga that you sell-outs are ashamed to be


This is one of my favorite 2pac songs because it illuminates his thankless, noble pursuit of disseminating the truth, compounded by the reason for his aggression, discontent, and attitude.


I told em fight back, attack on society
If this is violence, then violent's what I gotta be
If you investigate you'll find out where it's comin from
Look through our history, America's the violent one...
The album was released in November of 2011 which was six months after the Rodney King beating. With the injustice of the Troy Davis trial and Travon Martin being killing because he was black, it seems Pac was right, and (unfortunately) nothing has really changed....


Unlock my brain, break the chains of your misery
This time the payback for evil shit you did to me...
My words are weapons, and I'm steppin to the silence 
Wakin up the masses, but you, claim that I'm violent
- 2pac, Violent 


Thanks for reading! Please comment, tweet, and give a Facebook like!

No comments:

Post a Comment